European Soccer Super League? Follow the Money!

This blog will record my weekly podcasts, what they contain and where you can find them.......

 

My first chat was with Don Woods on Wirral, Merseyside...

.....The weather here has been bright and sunny but cold which hasn't stopped the sheep
rushing out to sit outside the pub  in their overcoats and "enjoying" a pint which is now
twice the price....because the Government have "allowed" them to.....I walk past a pub on
the banks of The Mersey and have to smile at them all sitting there as the northerly wind
eats its was through their weatherproofs....all pretending to have a good time ...and now
they have started complaining about the price ....£4.50 and upwards for a pint....because
it's "the only way to save your local"....someone is having a laugh...and I bet when all this
is over the prices won't be coming back down again.

The BBC have received around 140 thousand complaints about the blanket coverage of
the death of Prince Philip.....they cancelled advertised programmes to put a whole night
on the subject....on BBC 1 AND BBC 2......and took BBC 4 off the air completely....which I
suppose saved them having to think about their normal programme schedule....easy way
out or what.....but of course a spokesman has said they felt they needed to do this for
their viewers.....obviously not.

I don't know if you have heard our entry for the Eurovision....if you haven't you are
lucky...it is called "Out of The Embers" which should go back in to the embers....another
typical song with repetitive lyrics....now I know how my parents felt when they hated the
stuff we used to listen to....sounds like another nil pwa to me....could be wrong.
There are some mature recording artists I just don't get.....Van Morrison being one....he
has a new album out...he sounds like he's got a gob full of marbles....and he is a knight
of the realm...yep SIR Van.....WHY??..way beyond me.....and I can't stand Robbie
Williams in any shape or form....I remember him in the early days and he was obnoxious
arrogant jerk....then there's Cliff Richard.....I watched a programme on his showbiz
career and for the life of me I don't know why I don't like him.....I must admit in the early
60s I liked his stuff with The Shadows but he went all squeaky clean and adding those
falsetto notes and annoying tremolo to his voice.....I think if he threw a TV through a
hotel window now and again he would go up in my estimation.

Then there's John and Yoko.....they had a TV programme on them called The Black
Album where some guy was creating an album of his favourite John Lennon
songs....again I just don't get it....the songs were dreadful with videos of John walking
along in a hideous fur coat and Spanish hat with Yoko by his side occasionally stopping
for a kiss...........I liked some of the early Beatles stuff like Penny Lane and I Saw Her
Standing There but in my opinion they lost there way.....the love and peace thing was
never going o make a difference to the world....the human race have been fighting wars
for thousands of years and will continue to do so....laying in a bed  for a week telling
everyone to give peace a chance was sadly never going to make the slightest difference.

The song this week has a story to it....I was asked to write it for a bloke in Birmingham
who was going to put a huge country and western show show on and bring stars over
from the States and have rodeos etc etc.....his name was Brian "Sundance" Brooks and
he had a shop which sold cowboy gear called "Urban Cowboy"....as the cowboy thing
was big in the midlands....I was commissioned to write and record the song and put it on
vinyl with his name as the singer (as he couldn't sing).....I went down to Birmingham to a
big meeting about this huge happening with all these high flyers from London talking
about their planes and boats and getting involved in this amazing event.....one look at
"Sundance" told me he was a conman.....so I said I would make the record and sort out
the vinyls but I wanted paying up front....despite the gasps of disbelief I got the money
and did the record.....before I actually delivered it Mr."Sundance" Brooks had vanished
with all the investment money and hasn't been seen since....that's showbiz.....so here it is
the record that never was "Urban Cowboy".................
I spoke with Terry Whitehead in our Europe Calling Podcast and we discussed....
French teachers in the city of Nice have overwhelmingly rejected  AstraZeneca's 
Covid jab after jst 58 out of a possible 3,000 signed up to be vaccinated. 
  The jabs were being  offered at a mass vaccination centre in Nice's 
Palais des Expositions this weekend, with 4,000 available to those
aged over 55 in high-risk occupations, meaning 3,000 teachers eligible to take part.  

The Spanish National Police on Wednesday rescued a 12-year-old girl in the
northwestern city of A Coruña who had allegedly been sold by her parents to another
family.  The financial exchange took place in Córdoba, in southern Spain, and the child
was then taken to the region of Galicia, where the police located her after a one-
month search.

According to experts, there are a number of reasons why schools in Spain have been
able to stay open. These include strict protocols to prevent contagion, such as the use
of face masks for students over the age of six, social-distancing measures and – as is
the rule in most regions – the preventive quarantine of classes when a positive case is
detected in a class bubble.

In 1838, just three months after the consecration of the newly completed cathedral in
the southern Spanish city of Cádiz, the cleric Domingo González Villanueva raised the
alarm. Referring to its brand new vaults, he warned officials in the cathedral chapter
that “stone slabs and somewhat larger pieces are falling.”
In the UK a topless eco-activist accused of baring her breasts to mourners at Prince
Philip's funeral yesterday has been charged with causing 'harassment, alarm and
distress.'   
My football chat with Eric Malpus addressed the greed of the Proposed European Super League
.......https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rockrupert/episodes/2021-04-20T03_49_56-07_00 

          The week exploded with the news of the European Super League Plot. Here is my chat with 

           Rob Daniels ...........


@RobDaniels joined @vincetracy to discuss the proposed
#EuropeanSuperLeague with the six English Clubs forced to
climb down before the billions were even spent on the project.
The owners of #Liverpool #Chelsea #ManchesterUnited
#ManchesterCity #Arsenal and #Tottenham have had to issue
grovelling apologies. In Spain #RealMadrid and #Barcelona are
still undecided as the #Juventus Owner has still to explain
himself. We wondered whether #Mourinho was dismissed from
Tottenham as a result of the Super League......then there was
#LaLiga and #Premier League review and predictions..............
https://www.vincetracy.com/podcastfile/robdaniels22april2021.mp3


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Really Strange Weather on the Costa Blanca

Edit Post ‹ vincetracy.com Blog — WordPress